HTTP Digest Authentication
- This mechanism is exactly similar to basic authentication except that password is sending in encrypted form.
- This encryption makes digtes authentication more secure.
- When compared with basic authentication digest authentication is more secure.
- Very few provide the support for digest authentication (because browser is responsible to perform encryption ).
- Most of the web servers doesn’t provide support for digest authentication because servlet specification doesn’t test that it is mandatory.
- We can’t customize look & feel of the dialog box.